GNS 430W, Trutrak, D100 problem

rv8apilot

I have a D 100, D 120, HS-34, GNS 430W and a Trutrak Digiflight II VSGV. The settings I have configured include the following:

GNS 430W ARINC 429 config page

speed           data
In 1           High            EFIS\Airdata
In 2           High             Off
Out            Low              GAMA 429

SDI         Common
VNAV       Enable labels

(Note: Out=Low is required by the Trutrak in order to navigate using GPS steering)

HS 34 ARINC Setup

Input 1:    GAMA GPS
Input 2:   GAMA Nav
Speed:    High
Output Data:   On
Output Speed:  High

This setup is fine if I'm using the Nav source of the HS-34 to navigate via Localizer\ILS. The HSI shows the data coming from the 430's localizer and glideslope, and the CDI for each shows on the HSI and on the EFIS.  However, if I change the Nav source to GPS and try to use the 430 to navigate using GPS, the HSI displays "waiting for GPS fix." This can be fixed only if I go into the HSI setup and change the  input speed to LOW. And when I do that, the localizer, glideslope no longer shows on the HSI or EFIS.

Can anyone suggest a fix for this?  Thanks.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
There's a second ARINC config page on the 430 too. See http://wiki.dynonavionics.com/Garmin_430/530_Wiring. To simplify things, though, what happens if you just set everything that says high in our setup template to low instead?

PhantomPholly

That TruTrak comment looks a lot like mine from the 480 page...

LOW should work fine for the Dynon - at least it does with my 480.

rv8apilot

Well, setting everything to low seemed to do the trick. :) I swear I thought I had tried that, but I guess not. Thanks for the help.

Jerry