GPS-250: No data, no position

Fly4fude

I love flying!
Hi all!

Not receiving any data from my GPS-250.   Dynons showing POS1 active, serial port 5 on both 7" but no TX/RX data being received.  Wires all checked for continuity.  No Map being drawn, and a big RED X with the words NO GPS SIGNAL.

QUESTION:  Do you have to complete MAGNETIC CALIBRATION before the GPS will hook up?

NOTE:  Aircraft has been out of hangar in a clear area for over an hour on several occasions with no luck picking up satellites or position. Antenna is on top of aircraft with no obstructions within four feet. ( I haven't gotten over to the compass rose yet for MAG CALIBRATION.)

Thanks for your help!

ned

I love flying!
Calibration does not need completed for GPS to lock. Check that you do not have the Try reversing the TX/RX wires.

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
Are you hooked up to serial port 5 as most people do (you're matching wire colors if you've done it that way). And if so, in the serial port setup, is serial port 5 set to SV-GPS-250? And if so, is the RX counter doing anything at all?

Fly4fude

I love flying!
Wires have been verified, Serial port 5 does show GPS-250, but there is no TX or RX data being received.

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
One last thing. If you have multiple displays, are the wires going to both of them in parallel? If yes, get in touch with our technical support staff at 425-402-0433 or support at dynonavionics dot com and they can help you from here.

bruceh

I initially had a problem like this. I had the power/ground wires swapped ::)
Once I flipped those wires everything has been working fine.