GPS POSITION LOST

e2bbn

I love flying!
Crosscountry travel with AP engaged. GPS mode reverts to HDG. After a few minutes position lost message. Finally self restores after 18 minutes. Data log shows zero satellites available during this occurence. BUT, iN the meantime, my modest Garmin aera shows availability of at least 9 satellites Among 5 green. Showing on attached picture. This happened to me on 2 different Shark UL numbers fully HDX equipped. Thanks for quick help.
Eric

Attachments

• 2FFC39D2-6074-452A-822A-741DDA8CB822.jpeg
    2FFC39D2-6074-452A-822A-741DDA8CB822.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 189

Carpe diem

Already view last year, some signal absence and then definitely lost the signal, obliged to came back from Calabria to Piemonte (1200 km) with "watch and compass". Very instructive.

After all possible tests Dynon accept to replace the GPS receiver. And since that all is running well. It was defectuos, 2 years in service.

e2bbn

I love flying!
Thanks Carpe diem, looks like it is a serie of defective receivers. Or connectors. Or software;-)
2 planes are brand new.

DBRV10

Where is the antenna mounted? I have seen GARMIN GTN navigators fail due to other antenna close by, and even Dynon units affected by other GPS or 4G/5G devices too close to the antenna. Can be many things. GPS signals are weak and easily affected.

It is possible to have a hardware fault for sure, but other environmental issues are more likely.