H/W Update to the EMS and Probe Wire Routing

thibault

I have a Lancair with all the Skyview equipment except ADSB and have had "electrical noise" issues in the past. This resulted in breaking squelch on COMM radios and jumpy engine monitor values. I have all the Dynon network filters installed which helped a lot.

I still had RPM/MAP jumping around symptoms when keying the COMM radios, so I sent in the EMS for upgrade (as I understood, that is the reason for the upgrade). Got it back promptly and that problem totally disappeared. YEA!!!!

I also have been having erratic EGT/CHT readings so I OHM tested the probes and found 3 out of 4 were bad. So, I installed 4 new ones but was much more particular about cable routing. The right side probe leads are as far from the alternator and ignition leads as I could get. The left side ones are as far as possible from the engine ground wire and the ignition leads as possible. All eight of these leads and the alternator wire are close together,for a short distance, as they pass through the fire wall together, Then they are kept far apart in the cabin. Also, the radio coax cables are kept as far as possible from any EMS wires. After about 5 flights, I now see rock steady EGT/CHT readings when looking at the data logs.

All in all, much better now. Thanks to support for everything.