Hall Effect Sensor

petehowell

Hello,

Has anyone been able to get the GRT hall effect current sensor to work with the EMS D-10?   Had my first flight Sunday and the amps were all over and very unstable.  I have the hall effect on the alternator wire to the main bus.

Pete

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
How do you have the sensor hooked up to the EMS?

Also, note that it sounds like you have your sensor in a place that would results in it measuring alternator load, and so there can be some variability there as the load on the alternator increases and decreases.

petehowell

Hello - I moved the GRT hall effect sensor from the alternator wire to the battery wire going to the main buss.   I configured the sensor to type 2 and to indicate 0-60 amps.    It seems to work well with one glitch.  Every 10 seconds the amp reading shoots up to +99.  It then settles down to a correct reading.   In the 10 seconds before it shoots up, I can vary the amp reading by turning on loads and the readings look correct, but every 10 sec back to +99 for 2 sec.   The cycle then repeats.  It seems to coincide with a faint clicking the unit makes.

Power is hooked to the 5V excite Voltage, ground to ground, and the sense line is to pin 24.

Any Ideas?

Update: Tonight I ran pin 25 to ground, but it made no difference.

Gary_Slatt

I'm having an identical problem with my EMS D10. Current reading cycles between accurate amps and 99. Has there been any resolution to this problem?

petehowell

I was told they should have a fix in the next software update.  Mike - any update?

Pete

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
This is a problem in the software that we "added" with the last release, and it will be fixed in the next release.