HDX ADAHRS, Transponder and EMS failure

CS100

Curious if anyone else has had this issue. It happened once before a few months ago, but after speaking to support, tightening all connections and confirming proper voltage, the problem went away for some time.
First you will get "ads-b offline" "TIS not avail", and these will alternate. As time goes by, the error message happens more frequently and then at one point, RED X's for ADAHRS, EMS, Transponder, etc.
My Avionics shop seems to think it is a hardware issue. I have (2) 10" screens and (1) 7" screen. The Pilot side 10" seems to be the only one affected. Any insight is appreciated. BTW, I have uploaded the diagnostic file to Dynon today and will await their response.

Attachments

• C25EF576-6AB1-4618-BE79-E0F738A6A819_1_102_o.jpeg
    C25EF576-6AB1-4618-BE79-E0F738A6A819_1_102_o.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 89

airguy

This is likely a wiring problem on the cables coming into the HDX. Check for a bent or loose pin, or a wire loose in a crimped pin, or a loose connector.

CS100

This is likely a wiring problem on the cables coming into the HDX. Check for a bent or loose pin, or a wire loose in a crimped pin, or a loose connector.
Thank you. My plan is to swap both 10" screens and check all connections. Hopefully that will resolve it.

CanardMulti

Thank you. My plan is to swap both 10" screens and check all connections. Hopefully that will resolve it.
Swapping screens would be my next go to as well. Even if it does not resolve it, it will give you further insight as to where to trouble shoot going forward.

vagregg

I love flying!
We have had this exact same issue in a C172 with a Dynon 10" screen. Double checked all wiring and replaced the ADAHRS with no luck. I even replaced the ADAHRS wiring harness with a brand new one with no change. Seems to be something internal to the screen in my opinion.
Did you notice that it fails in a certain phase of flight? Our failure tends to occur after 20-30min of flying OR starting a descent to land.

CS100

I have a three screen system with wifi dongles plugged into each one. After removing all of the dongles, the issue no longer happens. That was about 50 hours of flying time ago. If you have those wifi adapters, I'd try removing them. They must be causing some kind of internal interference.