HDX displays not recognizing Dynon adapters

mwtucker

I have a new HDX System just upgraded to the new version 17 software. I have only had the system powered up for a few days. I wanted to setup the wi-fi feature, but the displays are not recognizing the Dynon wi-fi adapters plugged into a USB jack on each display (2 adapters, one plugged in to each display). The wi-fi adapters are small, silver, and I purchased them from Dynon. I plugged in the adapters and then powered up the system. The setup menu has a message something like "wi-fi adapter not found" (the setup option is grayed-out).

Any ideas?

Thanks!

maartenversteeg

I love flying!
where did you plug in the adapters, in one of the two receptables on the back of the display or on another connector?

maartenversteeg

I love flying!
OK, that is required. You also inserted them before startup which would have been my other remark. In my case they just worked after that

mwtucker

Did you have the small "silver-colored" adapters (i.e. no cord on them)?

maartenversteeg

I love flying!
I had small (I think white, but they are behind the panel and I haven't seen them for a long time) plugin adapters that I inserted on the back side of each of my screens

maartenversteeg

I love flying!
Are you sure these are the WiFi dongles and not actual thumb drives, you could check this by making sure there are no other thumb drives inserted (only what you think are the WiFi dongles and then going to the file load menu, if that shows USB drives at that point then that would indicate that what you thought were WiFi dongles are actual USB drives (unless the labeling of the dongles is clear and these are unmistakably identified as WiFi dongles)

mwtucker

Good point, thanks. I think that they are wi-fi dongles...I'll check when I get to the plane this afternoon.

mwtucker

1000004068.jpg
1000004069.jpg
1000004070.jpg
1000004071.jpg

mwtucker

maartenversteeg... You solved the problem! The devices that I had plugged into the USB jacks were USB thumb drives. I got the boxes out that the Wi-Fi adapters came in and "presto" the adapters were still in the box. I just assumed that the silver ones were the adapters. Thanks!​

mwtucker

Hi Mike, not sure about ForeFlight yet...I'm still building my aircraft. You may want to post your question in a different section of the forum...more people will see it.

kurtfly

I love flying!
Yes. The HDX will display traffic on Foreflight if you have the SV 472 ADSB receiver. You have to enable it in Foreflight

mrbizi

@kurtfly what needs to be enabled in Foreflight?
I ask because I’m using a Stratux ADS-B box via WiFi today with FF. Wouldn’t it just need to connect to the Dynon SkyView WiFi instead?

kurtfly

I love flying!
yes, connect to Skyview network and select “Traffic” in the Aero & Category menu.

kurt

Attachments

• IMG_0973.png
    IMG_0973.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 20