HDX Newbie Screwup

wbhammack

Good Morning,

Last night while troubleshooting an electrical issue that keeps shorting my Vertical Power electronic circuit breaker for my Dynon AutoTrim I must have accidentally changed a setting that messed me up. I have 2 HDX displays in my RV-8 and now on one of them if I hit the display button and getting the menu that allow me to change what is displayed on that screen I end up with a screen that is basically all black. Now I wished I had taken a picture of it to describe it better but I'm able to back out of it and get back to a PDF display but I can't get to the display menu like I should. I looked over the set up options by holding the 7 and 8 buttons down but I couldn't figure out what I might have done.

Do any of you more experienced users have a vector for me? It was a long day of troubleshooting and this happened at the very end. I should have stopped 30 minutes earlier. I'm sure I clicked on something as I was looking at the setup pages by accident but at this point I'm spinning my wheels.

Any help you could offer would be great.
Thanks

MikeD

That is a known bug in the system. Contact Dynon Tech support and they will send you a file to restore the screen. It is an elusive bug that seems to be related to swapping screens. No one has been able to recreate it. Speculation is that having Reversion Mode enabled might induce the problem. No need for using Reversion Mode with two HDX screens so suggest that you disable that. Good luck with your project. I just finished installing two Skyview HDX screens in my RV-8. It's an awesome system!

Attachments

• Rv-8 Panel After.jpg
    Rv-8 Panel After.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 52

wbhammack

That is a known bug in the system. Contact Dynon Tech support and they will send you a file to restore the screen. It is an elusive bug that seems to be related to swapping screens. No one has been able to recreate it. Speculation is that having Reversion Mode enabled might induce the problem. No need for using Reversion Mode with two HDX screens so suggest that you disable that. Good luck with your project. I just finished installing two Skyview HDX screens in my RV-8. It's an awesome system!
Thanks 👍🏻

djones

Administrator
Staff member
Will reply to your support email, but for others who stumble across this thread, here is the file to load.
Load on both screens if you have more than one. Also, turn off REVERSION MODE as it seems to be associated with this showing up.
SETUP MENUS > SYSTEM SETUP > SCREEN LAYOUT SETUP > REVERSION MODE ENABLE > NO

Attachments

• HDXblackmenu.dfg
    225 bytes · Views: 92