Heading calibration

echo_sierra

Hello,

Well, i have been threw the all proces, found 63.915 as MAGINC and then pointed N/E/S/W to calibrate the thing.
When i finish the process it warns me off a poor calculation (i don't know why) and the heading is wrong by +/- 180°...

What should i do about it, us the MAG Correction menu or somthing else???...

Regards

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Are you sure the mag compass is installed correctly? The mounting tabs must be down, and the connector must point forward.

When the compass is out 180 degrees we usually find that it's backwards or upside down.

echo_sierra

Well, it is mounted correctly... I read the manual again and found that i didn't wait 15 mn before doing the calibration process and i was close to my hangar (+/-5m= which is a big piece of metal, can it be the reason why???...

Regards

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Waiting 15 minutes shouldn't make that much of a difference.

If this is an EFIS-D10A, you can sanity check that the remote compass sensors are providing the heading (versus its internal sensors) by waving a magnet around it. The heading tape should deflect.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Error of that magnitude implies that there's something more fundamentally wrong. Can you snap a digital picture of your remote compass installation and send it to support@dynonavionics.com?

echo_sierra

Well, you were right... The guy who mounted the D180 told me that he was sure it was the right way, i spent one our to get to the place it is fix and found it pointing the other way!!!...

Now it is working properly...

Thanks for the help