Heated AOA/Pitot

R

Ray Doerr(Guest)

I've been waiting on the heated pitot now for over a year, how come this development is taking so long. I wish you guys would knock this thing out and put more people on it till it is completed. How long can you expect customers to wait for a promised product. I currently have the EMS and D10A and want the heated pitot/aoa to match. Please help!

Ray Doerr

swaneymj

I concur. At least providing an occasional status or update would help with customer relations. :(http://dynonavionics.com/public_html/yabbfiles/Templates/Forum/default/sad.gif

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
The heated pitot is still actively being pursued. We have an external contractor working on it and prototypes of a new design were recently delivered. We'll be testing these over the next few weeks for reliability and we should be able to have a more accurate update on timeframe for shipment after this testing is done.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Hi Danny,

Though efforts continue on a revised heated pitot design, we do not have a time frame in which we expect it to be available.

D

Dave McDonald(Guest)

I have to say that it is really frustrating for me. I bought this option, had one delivered and installed, and then notified it was defective and I couldn't use it. I called and emailed over 5 times, and never got a satisfactory answer. Do I get my money back? What are the risks if I just use it?

Dave

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Hi Dave,

When we first found out about the problem we released the following notice which it sounds like you may not have seen:

http://www.dynonavionics.com/downloads/Halt_Heated_Pitot_Aug11.pdf

There are several options available, including refund of the purchase price. If you would like to discuss these options with someone here, please call us at 425-402-0553.

Testing here revealed that the heated pitot was not as reliable as its intended application required. We recommend that you not use the heat on the pitot.

garys

Hi, I also have been waiting for the heated AOA option for over a year. I have the EFIS 10 & EMIS as well. I feel both are very good units, but I need a heated AOA.

Gary Slutz