Help showing approaches on the map page

n97kd

I love flying!
I have a dual Dynon SkyView and a GTN650.
I selected and activated a GPS approach on the Garmin but didn't see it on the map. I was able to show the course needle on the HSI and fly the course, but I don't know how to make it display on the map page if that is possible.
I also can't show the an ILS of that is possible.

A little help here would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Carl_Froehlich

I assume you are using the Dynon ARINC interface. If you are just using the GTN-650 serial output without the interface the GTN-650 will drive the HSI but the flight plan will not show up on the SkyView.

I have the same set up and the GTN-650 approaches do so up on the SkyView moving map. It works just fine for arrival and departure procedures as well.

You might want to check that you have the SkyView flight plan selected to the GTN-650. Also note that if the GTN-650 is not receiving GPS information (e.g. you are in the hangar) it will not send the track to the SkyView.

For the ILS I just change the HSI input to the GTN-650 VOR/ILS input. I believe the SkyView can now do this automatically but never explored that.

Carl

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Page 7-47 of the user guide covers displaying external flight plans.

n97kd

I love flying!
Carl,
I did wire my GTN650 through the Arinc interface exactly as the SkyView install manual dictates.
I didn't know how or that I had to select it on the SkView flight plan. I will look in the pilot instructions for how to.

Thanks for the information.

Don

n97kd

I love flying!
I read the pilot users manual and figured out how to select the GTN to display on the map. I flew multi waypoint flight and it worked perfect.

Thanks