High Fuel Pressure Alert

Ken_Harrill

The D-120 in my RV6 is displaying a high fuel pressure alert occasionally.  At the time of the alert the fuel pressure is indicated in the normal range.  The engine is carbureted and the fuel pressure is showing in the 6 - 7 psi range.  The yellow line starts at 8.5 psi and the red line is 11 psi.
Any ideas on how to resolve this annoying issue would be appreciated. 

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
It may be a momentary bad reading from the sensor that triggers the alarm, but the offending parameter is back to normal by the time you see it. We did recently switch to a different style (solid state vs electrical mechanical) and brand (Kavlico) to improve pressure sensor performance, so that's one avenue you can go down.

Ken_Harrill

Thanks for the reply. I have ordered the Kavlico sensor.  Some users have recommended that a capacitor be installed between the sense wire and ground with these sensors.  What does Dynon recommend?

mmarien

Murray M.
I just connected my new Kavilco fuel pressure sensor directly to an EMS pin and it seems to works fine. You may want to consider using Skyview power and GND for the sensor as it is a regulated source of power. Voltage fluctuations may cause some fluctuations in the readings.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Thanks for the reply. I have ordered the Kavlico sensor.  Some users have recommended that a capacitor be installed between the sense wire and ground with these sensors.  What does Dynon recommend?
The capacitor recommendation is only applicable to EMS-D10 / EMS-D120 / FlightDEK-D180, not SV-EMS-220 (which has improved software to deal with fluctuations). Contact Dynon Tech Support for the particulars of installing a capacitor with your Kavlico sensor with your EMS-D120.