High pressure sensor for M14P

dutchroll

Although there have been a couple of brief topics and a page or two in the installation manual regarding the M14P radial setup in a SV, I can't seem to find any recommendations as to what model sensor might integrate best into the SV system for the high pressure air system (which accompanies every M14P).

The Kavlico P4055 series commonly used by Dynon for fluid pressures won't read the pressure required, which basically needs to be 0-1000 psi.

They certainly do have a number of sensors which could read this pressure in their other sensor products, but are there any recommendations, if one were to stick to the Kavlico sensors preferred by Dynon, of which sensor part number might be most appropriate? Or is there already a setup for another brand sensor?

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
You're in luck: SkyView supports the Honeywell MLH02KPSB06A 2000 psi pressure sensor. We don't sell it ourselves, but it's been verified to work.

dutchroll

Thanks Dynon. Sounds good. I think I recall something about the Honeywell sensor but I thought someone might have tried to find a Kavlico one in the meantime.

I assume (from what I understand about the sensor mapping) it doesn't need to be setup to read 2000 at the end of its scale and can be set in software to display an upper gauge limit of somewhere around 1000?

The pressure relief valve and thus max pressure in these systems before it vents overboard is generally set somewhere around 800-900 psi. Hopefully it would get a 100 psi resolution or better, which is enough for a useful indication of air status.

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
Yep, you can use any subset of the range with 0-2000 psi, you'll have good resolution in the first half of the range (if you were trying to use it to differentiate 1 psi of range, that'd be a different story.). Here's are the nitty gritty specs: http://sensing.honeywell.com/honeywell-sensing-heavy-duty-pressure-transducers-mlh-series-datasheet-008118-8-en.pdf

dutchroll

I was just thinking about the 1000 psi version of this same sensor: given that the required maximum pressure is < 1000 psi do you see any benefit or otherwise of getting the 1000 psi version versus the 2000 psi version? I think they're both a similar price and aside from the pressure range the specs are identical.

Obviously if the sensor config file is for the 0-2000 version it would require a very minor change but other than that I imagine it should work fine.

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
I think the sensors have the same precision/accuracy specs percentage-wise, so the 1000 psi would be more accurate/precise by about half. But you probably don't care about 10s of PSI anyway, so either may be good enough practically for your application.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Not sure what you mean. HDX supports the same sensors as all SkyView systems. What exactly are you looking for?

dutchroll

Support for more than one EMS due to number of cylinders on larger engines (eg radials, etc).

The manual, last I read at least, specifically mentioned this is only supported on the SV classic, not the HDX.

dutchroll

So yeah the question was: "Any idea when Skyview HDX will support more than a single EMS module?" The current manual specifies that only Skyview Classic does this (Installation Guide pg 7-3) but it seems that limitation has been placed on the HDX despite being the new premium product.

Shiloh

I love flying!
Will the Skyview HDX system support dual Engine? Software V15 doesn't support dual engine monitoring modules -SkyView System Installation Guide - Revision AD 3-15.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Complete dual engine support is something we intend to add to the HDX. No date at present.

Shiloh

I love flying!
What are you doing with the B58? Is there a separate display for the twin engine data?

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
We're working on updating our twin engine support to support both engines on one screen. That work is ongoing. The ultimate display / page layout of twin engine aircraft is not yet finalized.