How do I turn off audible terrain warning?

Jerry G

I have looked and looked and cannot figure out how to turn off "bitchin betty" on the Skyview HDX
I like having the visible terrain alerts on Synthetic Vision, but would love to be able to turn off the constant "pull up" warnings.

Thanks!

dougnlina

I love flying!
Does the Skyview actually give terrain alerts? I do not think mine has done that. I have an avidyne IFD that gives audio terrain alerts, are you sure it is coming from the skyview?

andresmith76

I love flying!
Does the Skyview actually give terrain alerts? I do not think mine has done that. I have an avidyne IFD that gives audio terrain alerts, are you sure it is coming from the skyview?
I wondered this also. I've searched through the Audio Setup menus (see attached) & the Messages and Alerts section of the HDX Pilot's User Guide (chapter 12) and found nothing that indicates there is a voice warning message regarding low terrain. If someone else finds an answer to the Ops question, please respond!

Attachments

• 26-System Setup-Audio Setup.png
    26-System Setup-Audio Setup.png
    164 KB · Views: 149
  • 47-System Setup-Audio Setup-Navigation.png
    47-System Setup-Audio Setup-Navigation.png
    136.8 KB · Views: 168
  • 49-System Setup-Audio Setup-Landing Gear.png
    49-System Setup-Audio Setup-Landing Gear.png
    127.2 KB · Views: 165

Marc_J._Zeitlin

There's nothing in the v15 install manual about audio terrain alerts that I could find, and my HDX system doesn't give them (and I certainly don't recall turning them off during setup).

The Garmin G3X, however, DOES do audio terrain alerts, and it's annoying as hell, given that I live in Tehachapi and am surrounded by mountains. Customer's planes with G3X's are continually yelling at me to "PULL UP - TERRAIN, TERRAIN". Holy crap, like I can't see the damn mountains...

Brent Dana

We are told in the classes on you tube, set your minimums higher and lower, if it drives you crazy!!

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
I have looked and looked and cannot figure out how to turn off "bitchin betty" on the Skyview HDX
I like having the visible terrain alerts on Synthetic Vision, but would love to be able to turn off the constant "pull up" warnings.

Thanks!
So I don't think that's us. We don't have an audible for "pull up" or terrain. Is it some other verb/action? All of the audible alerts are configurable in SETUP MENU > SYSTEM SETUP > AUDIO SETUP.

Or, maybe another device in the aircraft?

djones

Administrator
Staff member
I had one of these cases the other day with the same warnings, turns out he had a Garmin Aera connected and it was the source of the terrain alerts. We don't have audible terrain alerts in the SkyView system.

Jerry G

Thanks guys, you’re absolutely correct, the warning is not coming from the Dynons. It’s coming from my my Avidyne IFD540. My old Diamond had a pair of G1000’s that sent out the alert (which could be turned off) so I just assumed it was coming from my primary displays which are the HDX’s. I didn’t even think about it coming from the Avidyne.