How long before the autopilot is ready??

• Thread starter Scott Stearns(Guest)
  • Start date
S

Scott Stearns(Guest)

Hi,

Just wondering how work is going on your autopilot? Have you thought of getting together with Trutrak to use their servos and software with your AHRS?

Thanks,

Scott

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Scott,
The autopilot is in development and activley being worked on, but we don't have a target date yet. We have considered compatibility with other servos and this may be something that we will implement when the time comes.

LAULHERE

What about your plan of autopilot ? Have you now a target date ?
Thanks.
Pierre

A

Ali M.(Guest)

Re: Autopilot interface

I have a D-100, and a Trutrak Autopilot. The Auto pilot can accept external heading signal (HSI or DG).
Is there any way I can get a DG output signal from D-100 to feed the autopilot?

thanks,
Ali

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Ali,
We output the heading on our serial port, along with lots of other data. It's possible for Trutrak to write software to read this and use it, but as far as we know the systems aren't currently compatible. We do not output an analog signal like a HSI/DG does.

tcone1

Any news to report on a Dynon Autopilot?

Love your products and am deciding on an autopilot next. Would love to consider you guys.

Thanks,
Tim

svanarts

How about now?

How about now?

How about now?

Sorry, that wasn't productive but I couldn't resist. ;D

Don't make me buy an autopilot from someone else if I don't have to!

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
It's been canceled.

KIDDING.

We don't have too much report yet, though you can expect more information around the Sun/Fun time frame.

It's fairly public knowledge, though, that the project involves the development of our own servos, and that those are the only ones that we'll be compatible with.

We think that people are going to be impressed with the redundancy our solutions will offer when you consider our pricing versus the standard combination of: (any other autopilot) + (a complete set of flight instruments).

Canadian_JOY

An autopilot is the most prominent item on my "to do" list for the airplane. With the D-100 already installed, plus a solid suite of steam gauges as backups, I'm essentially placing all my autopilot eggs in Dynon's basket. I love the feature/value/performance compromise that's represented by my D-100, and am sure the Dynon autopilot will carry on with that same kind of thinking.

With that in mind, I'll put together a short wish-list for Dynon in hopes the design hasn't yet been cast in stone...
1) servos that are easily adaptable to both cable and push-rod controls. I have cables for elevator/rudder and push rods/torque tubes for ailerons
2) the a/p should have a control panel that's flexible in its mounting orientation (lesson learned from HS34)
3) power consumption should be minimal, as should weight and physical size
4) an easy upgrade path should exist from single axis to 2 axis
5) the same great Dynon support should be applicable to the a/p. I wasn't sure which EFIS to purchase until I came here and saw the straight-shootin' answers provided on this forum. I purchased based on the service experience of others and have had only positive service experience on a personal level. A great product is nothing without great service, and Dynon is king of the hill in that department!

Thanks for listening, Dynon! :)

jim

Will you be offering a heavy duty servo like Tru-Trak does? My airplane has rather heavy stick forces and requires heavy duty servos.

Butt

Re: what shape for autopilot?

Hello Dynon folk,
just putting together my panel and have held back on purchasing a trutrak in light of your in house autopilot. Any idea what the shape will be so that i can make provision on my panel. Is teh head round,rectangular or at least furnish us with its dimesions.

regards B.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
We don't have sizing and configuration yet - we'll release more around Sun 'n Fun.

As for different servos: over the long term, we plan on supporting a broad range or aircraft, though not everything on "day one".