HS34/GNS430W/Chelton Sport/GDC34A converter/D10A

CFCNX

Warning - the following is highly specific and very sleep inducing!

I have finally gotten around to installing a Dynon HS34 so that I can display my GNS430 WAAS GPS signal and also the 430s VOR/LOC/GS signal on my Dynon D10A. The problem is that the ARINC 429 and SDI settings that the HS34 needs from the GNS430 are a bit different than the settings that the GDC34A Data Converter/Chelton needs from the 430 that enables the Chelton to display the VOR/LOC/GS signal from the 430.

Specifically, in the GNS 430 setup on the "Main AIRNC 429 Config" page, the HS34 wants the following settings:

In 1 : High | EFIS / Airdata
In 2 : Unused by the HS34, configure as needed for other equipment
Out : High | GAMA 429
SDI : Common

but the GDC34A Data Converter/chelton wants the "Out" to be "high" and "ARINC 429" I know ARINC and GAMA are similar but does it matter whether I use GAMA or ARINC as the setting? Does anyone know if the the GDC34A/chelton will accept a GAMA429 signal and/or will the HS34 accept an ARINC signal. The SDI on the Main ARINC 429 config page for the HS34 wants to be common. I don't think the Chelton cares about this as it is GPS output from the 430 and the chelton doesn't take any GPS data from the 430. Does that sound right?

OK the next issue is the "VOR / LOC / GS ARINC 429 Config" Page on the 430. The HS34 wants the following
TX: High
RX: High
SDI: Common
DME: Unused by HS34

the GDC34A/Chelton wants the GNS430 "VOR / LOC / GS AIRNC 429 Config" Page

TX: High
RX: unused by chelton
SDI: VOR/ILS 1
DME: unused

Does anyone know if the SDI setting of common for the HS34 will screw up the SDI setting of VOR/ILS 1 for the GDC34A/Chelton?

OK phwew ... that was alot.  

Tom

CFCNX

Re: HS34/GNS430W/Chelton Sport/GDC34A converter/D1

Hey you guys come on, I know someone has an opinion on this or at least direct me to someone I can speak with.

Tom

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Re: HS34/GNS430W/Chelton Sport/GDC34A converter/D1

Most of our customers have only the HS34 hooked up to their 430, so there's a bunch of "I don't knows" here, unfortunately without a setup readily available. The bottom line is that you're going to do a little experimenting to see if there are settings that will work for both devices.