HS34 Questions

Valsoar

I love flying!
So - I just got an HS34 and am starting to plan for installation. I am confused to be honest.
  • There are two Serial inputs available (Aviation GPS input)
  • There are two ARINC input sets
But there is one NAVSOURCE button that seems to toggle between NAV and GPS.

So I am confused. Pins appear to allow to you to connect up to two GPS's via serial and two NAV's via ARINC (or maybe even another NAV via flag +/- inputs) but Can and how do you actually switch between more that one NAV and one GPS source once they are all physically connected?

I currently have an iFly GPS connected via serial directly to by D10A. Primary purpose of adding the HS34 is to connect a Garmin GPS-175 and I am pretty clear on the connections for that. But now that I'm looking at the HS34 unit and available connections I'm curious if I can connect other stuff. Why not?

Could I connect all three of the following:
GPS1 > garmin GPS175 - I believe this would one set of ARINC & one of the serial;
NAV1 > Looks like I could connect it's VOR/LOC, Glideslope +/-, flag autopilot outputs?
GPS2 > ifly740 (serial only for (i) backup and (ii) honestly preferred over the Garmin for general VFR flying).

Anyway my dumb questions - (i) Can I actually connect all three, (ii) if so can I actually switch between them all as sources (iii) if the GPS-175 is connected to both ARINC and a serial feed is it selected as a NAV or GPS source?

Likely these will all become clear when I actually make up some harnesses (two months out - not ripping the panel apart until my condition inspection) and start doing some bench testing, but for right now, on my initial pass though the D10A manual etc. I'm a tad unclear. Strangely not so much the pin-out stuff but rather just how/if the unit works with the EFIS to select between multiple sources if more than simply one GPS and one NAV.

Appreciate any education.