HSI on EFIS Screen

R_Glick

Beta Tester
I know major changes are pretty much shut down on the legecy systems but I thought I would try again.   Is it possible to ever get the Compass strip removed at the top and just place the HSI on the screen?  "That would be Great" Thanks :)

Richard Glick
D100/D10

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Over on VAF, someone is asking for the heading tape on SkyView and to get rid of the HSI on the PFD! ;)

We didn't avoid doing it on the PFD for lack of time reasons. We actually had it coded up once back in about 2004. We didn't do it because it's really, really confusing on a D10A sized screen, with numbers all over the place, digits rotating and spinning. Given that we put CDI/GS needles, course pointers, and ground track pointers all on the screen already, you really get 95% of the function without those issues.

SkyVew was designed ground up to have it on the screen under the PFD, which is really where it should be if it's on the PFD. To do this on the D100 would require a total screen layout change.

R_Glick

Beta Tester
I could deal with a new screen layout..  ;).  For those of us that will be staying with the legacy systems for awhile, it will makes us feel special too...  

Rick G.

JetJockey

This isn't the best picture but all I had was my cell phone camera at the time. This is the Boeing Integrated Flight Standby Display. Although this is a standby instrument, it is basically the same size as the D-10A. (its actually a bit smaller) I think the layout is much more user friendly than the current D-10A choices. I hope the Dynon folks will at least consider something similar to this display layout.

Attachments

• Boeing_Standby_Inst.jpg
    Boeing_Standby_Inst.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 116