Importing waypoints from a .csv file

cfi1513840

I have tried importing waypoints from a .csv file that was generated on my PC using MS Excel and saved in .csv format. When I try importing it, my Skyview system indicates that the file contains zero bytes and no data is imported. The same file, accessed from the memory stick on the PC yields the proper size and correct data. Any ideas?

vmenkal

Same problem. File attached.

Attachments

• YUKON_AIRPORTS_VIC.csv
    712 bytes · Views: 160

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
I'm not in front of a SkyView to try it, but I see two possible issues:

You have an extra column titled "Vicx user waypoints yukon"

Your narrative has special characters in it like "%" and "/" and "'". Those might be throwing it off.

vmenkal

OK, thanx.    Another minor issue Ive found is that the waypoints created in the ADD WAYPOINT feature on the sky view seems to have different fields and results in different on-screen results than the upload feature.

Some differences I noted is that the waypoint symbols are very large on screen, there is only a subset of the waypoint symbols available compared to the upload feature and the format for Northing and Easting entry is decimal minutes rather than decimal degrees.    

I have just uploaded the newest 10.1 version of the software. Appreciate any advice in this regard.

vmenkal

Made all changes as directed and same problem that I cannot upload waypoints from a CSV file.    Screen says 0 points entered but does not give any error messages.

Edited file attached.

Attachments

• YUKON_AIRPORTS_VIC_001.csv
    675 bytes · Views: 143

vmenkal

OK. I exported a user waypoint file from the sky view and used this file to create the new file which then worked. It appears that the header line has an item that is specific to what the sky view wants to see. Don't have time to track this down.

Next item is that the icons created by user waypoints are HUGE compared to map waypoints. Anyway to get the waypoints same size as that used by base mapping?