Installation in a K35

tgpelz

We have begun the installation in my K35. The first photo was my normal panel.

I am having an overlay installed on the left side of the panel.

This is the before photo.

1AA at 5000MSL 10-18-20.jpg

tgpelz

I have a useful fuel load of 97 gallons. At 155 knots and 10000 MSL, I have about 8 hours and 10 minutes of flight time. I prefer to land with 1.5 hours of fuel remaining. So, my longest flights are usually 6.5 hours or 1000 nautical miles, in no wind conditions.

On one trip I flew non stop from Seattle area to home in Wisconsin in about 6 hours and 20 minutes. I averaged about 55 knot tail wind that day at 13000 MSL.

The Bonanza seats are very comfortable. Compared to long flights I have taken in Pipers and Cessnas, the Bonanza does not give me Tired Butt.

Tom

n144sh

I love flying!
Wow, you have a lot of fuel capacity. Wish my tips had gauges!
Brent do you tips have sensors installed or is there an option for sensors with your tips? If so you can wire them right into the Skyview. I have 80 gallons in the mains and another 40 in the tips - way more endurance than I'm capable of but nice to ferry fuel from cheap stops. Calibrating the tip tanks with Skyview took a little manual intervention to get it to work but it turned out well. The skyview cal algorithm failed because some of the data points were too close together. I extracted the data and did a curve fit and edited it manually back into the config file and it worked very well.