Installing Language pack (german) didn´t work

larsmartini

Hello,

our club has just bought an Aerospool Dynamic WT9 with two Dynon Skyview D1000. Very good EFIS-System!

I tried to install the german language pack. Donwload, copy to USB and then go to SETUP MENUE - no problem.
BUT: I dont´t know why, but when I press the buttons 7+8 to get into the SETUP MENUE, I am always one level too deep. I can copy the language pack files to the Dynon System. But after copying I cannot install / activate the file to the system.

The same happened when I try to update the system. After copying the files to the Dynon Skyview I got an error message that tells me that there is a passwort needed.

Does anyone know this problem and cyn help us? Unfortunately I have no pictures but can send them in a couple of weeks, when I am back in the club again.

Best regards,
Lars Martini

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
It sounds like the manufacturer or dealer of the aircraft is utilizing a system available to them that allows them to restrict configuration of SkyView. You'll need to contact them to enable you to update the settings in the system.

larsmartini

Thanks.

I just read both manuals, but didn‘t found any Information about how to lock the installation menues. Has anyone an idea how this could be done and how to unlock?

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
To be clear: The ability to restrict some settings and menus is a feature made available to OEMs only. When they use these features, they assume responsibility for and have the have the ability to send you unlock files or other files that update settings.

Because this feature is often used for regulatory compliance or the OEM's desire to limit some adjustments for safety reasons, we are not able to "unlock" systems that have restrictions imposed on them by an OEM. The one caveat to this is that if you had the OEM produce permission for us to send you an unlock file, we could then do that. Essentially, we don't override their configurational restrictions when they've asserted them.

larsmartini

After we changed the registration to german Ultraleicht, the System is no longer locked. Everything works fine.

But how can we as the owner of the airplane set a password or protect the system against manipulation?

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
There isn't currently a way to easily do so, and those OEM functions aren't officially supported for end users. But two things: If you're technical and adept with the config (.dfg) files, you'll immediately see the locking parameters section. Flip those zeroes to ones in that section, and lots of settings changes will be inhibited. But secondly, there's nothing that you can change in "user space" that's fundamentally configuration oriented, so no one can "accidentally" push buttons and change anything. To do that, you have to actively go into setup mode, which is the button 7/8 press/hold sequence.