installing Ozrunways

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Press MAP then LAYERS. You should have TERRAIN and then some other options, which should be your various chart products.

You will only have the MAP button if the map is currently displayed.

If you don't have layers at all, you have an older software version. You must be running v13 to use Ozrunways. You will have layers even if you don't have a usb stick installed or it has no data on it.

Banyena

I love flying!
have downloaded 13.0.3 and still only have terrain option under layers has anyone else had success

rvator51

I dont use Ozrunways but I assume you have the USB stick that has the Ozrunways installed in your Dynon USB port?
You can check if Dynon is seeing it by going to Setup menu then local display setup then installed databases.  If the usb stick with the ozrunways is installed in the dynon usb port, you should see data from OZrunways in the installed databases listings.  If you dont, then I would suspect that maybe the folder structure/files on the usb stick isnt exactly in the format that dynon is looking for, try different usb stick?  At least that would give you a starting place to see if dynon is seeing the files.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
In order to have other buttons under LAYERS, you need to have a USB stick plugged in with valid and licensed chart data on it. Here are some of the reasons you might not get the buttons you expect:

1) You must have only ONE USB memory device plugged into the screen. You can't have Ozrunways on one stick and use another for another purpose.

2) You need a USB memory stick in every screen in the plane. It is not shared across displays.

3) There is a USB stick inserted, but it doesn't have valid data on it. Either no data, or mis-configued. You'd need to talk to Ozrunways about getting data onto a USB stick. One confrontational thing that matters is that the tail number (or serial number for some other providers) must exactly match the tail number (or one of the serial numbers) in your SkyView system.

Ozrunways data is not just built into v13. You need to purchase the data from them and download data to a USB drive.

Ozrunways data is not "loaded" into the screens. The USB stick must remain plugged in at all times in flight to use this data.

bevan

I love flying!
have downloaded 13.0.3 and still only have terrain option under layers has anyone else had success

Feel free to give us a call on 03 8370 3024 and we'll help you where we can.