Intercom giving off annoying noise

dzubot

I love flying!
So recently I've noticed a very annoying sound coming through my headset, it sounds kind of like tee tee tee tee tee tee, over and over again. I've eliminated the engine, and all other avionics by pulling breakers on the ground, as soon as I pull the intercom breaker the sound is gone, with everything else off, transponder, lights etc. Anyone else experience this? Should I replace the intercom? It's got about 1800hrs on it. It is also picking up static from the engine when it's running as well as a small sound from my beacon light as I can hear the sound pulse when the light pulses, I'm wondering if its just worn out as I did not notice this when it was newer. I've owned it since new, factory built pipistrel virus.

jakej

What brand/ model of intercom do you have ?
If you have a 12v/5volt socket for ipad/iphone or other use ? If so, unplug/ disconnect it completely & advise if that makes a difference 😉

dzubot

I love flying!
I have now ordered a new intercom, will swap it out and see if the sound goes away. The sound is there when nothing else but the radio and intercom are on. Will report on my findings.

jakej

I have now ordered a new intercom, will swap it out and see if the sound goes away. The sound is there when nothing else but the radio and intercom are on. Will report on my findings.
Do you have 2 x Dynon radios fitted or other brands ?