Intercom Non Muting Input High low

RV7Builder

Trying to connect an air traffic System to the sky view hdx i wonder how to connect the Audio Signal correct.
The air traffic System Has a Audio out Signal.
Do I have to connect IT with the high or Low input of the non muting in of the hdx intercom?
Or Do I have to installthe the the low signal to the airtraafic Ground?
What about the shield should it be connected with the air traffic gnd? Thank you very much
David

GKC Aviation

I assume it's an Air Traffic ATD system?
Your alert output from the Air Traffic will go to the Aux non-muting input of the SV-Intercom (Pin 17). This is a high signal. Looking at the diagram for the alert output from the Air Traffic, there is no audio lo.
If you use a shielded wire, connect the shield to the intercom with the other shields.
Don't connect the shield at the Air Traffic end.

RV7Builder

Hi, thank you very much for your fast response !!
Yes it is the Air Traffic ATD system.
it is exactly how you mentioned. In the air traffic documentation i did only find an output signal not specified as low or high, and by a request at a "air.avionics" the couldn´t give me an answer about high or low level.
I have wired the alert output from the Air Traffic to the SV-Intercom (Pin 17)
We are using the dynon Intercom harness, where i guess the shields are all connected inside the plug ?
I don´t connect the shield at all in this case . - correct ??
Should the Ground of the Air Traffic Intercom be connected additonal to the intercom Gnd, or is it better to use the direct connection to the ground pole to avoid ground loops ?

Thanks a lot for your help !

David

GKC Aviation

Your air traffic ATD unit ground should go to the ground pole itself, it won't matter if the Dynon intercom ground goes to the same point as long as it is a GOOD ground. Don't splice the ground wires together upstream of the ground pole is what I'm trying to say. Yes, the intercom shields should all be inside the plug, or just a little upstream of the plug. Looking at the diagram, they all connect to the intercom ground wire coming out of Pin 1.

RV7Builder

Thank you very much. Looking forward to have a great System in our New plane......