Intermittent HSI screen

stickshker

I have 2 D-10a's that have been upgraded to 4.0 and networked together via DSAB. I have connected my
Garmin GPSMAP 195. The GPS is set to NMEA0183 out/no in. The HSI screen on the master D-10a presents the GPS data correctly and as expected. If I select the HSI screen on the slaved D-10a the GPS data blanks momentarily every 2 seconds. I would like to be able to view GPS on either HSI what have I done wrong or am I having a malfunction? Thanks for the help

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
With the new DSAB configuration, only the device you chose as your master should have the GPS connected into it. If your GPS is still hooked to the other EFIS as well, that could cause problems.

Otherwise, it's possible there's a bug there.

stickshker

I have the GPS input going to the Bus Master and it works fine. But the the GPS course indicator on the Horizon screen is blinking on and off. Will I be able to eliminate this behavior when I set the system up with the HS34? Thanks.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
We've just reproduced your problem here (and now have it logged as a bug to fix in our next release). We've also confirmed that the blinking does not happen when the serial data is connected to the HS34, which can feed both EFISes.

Manu

I just connected today my 2 D10A. The master has GNS430, SL30, EDC and OAT, and the HSI datas on the slave are blinking like Jim says, whatever SL30 or GPS are connected. I don't have room for a HS34. Is there a solution ? I didn't try in flight yet, but I guess it could be quite uncomfortable. In addition, I don't get temp data on the slave. Any help will be greatly appreciated !

Manu

For information, I temporarily solved the problem by switching the DB25 between the 2 units, and reconfiguring the network. The HSI becomes the master bus, and EFIS is the slave. Btw, with the reconfiguration, the OAT (and TAS) now appears on the slave.