Intermittent Knob Panel Offline

bruceh

My Knob Panel (Dual Skyview classic 10" and touch 10" screens) will sometimes get a CAUTION message and the Network Status will show it Offline.
This has been happening infrequently. It seems to come and go. Last week, out and back to Oshkosh from SoCal it happened on just one leg. I've swapped out the SV Network cable and have used both of the connections on the unit, and that doesn't seem to make any difference. The unit has been installed for many years without any issues up until the last year or so. I'm running the latest 16.3.2 version, but it has also been observed with previous versions.

screenshot-N5771H-SN22569-16.3.2.9359-20220730-073728-870-en_US-M.png

screenshot-N5771H-SN22569-16.3.2.9359-20220730-073538-145-en_US-M.png

Any suggestions? Anything to look at in the Data Logs? Any way to force re-load this unit into the network configuration?
It would seem to me to be some sort of software glitch or timing issue on powerup that trips this.
Didn't touch anything, but after a stop for refueling, it was back to working correctly.

Stevec

This sounds like the issue I struck when I first loaded v16. The fix from Dynon was to physically disconnect the knob panel from the network. Reboot the screen and do a network reconfiguration. Power down the screen and reconnect the knob panel ,reboot and reconfigure the network again. This did seem to fix the issue however I have struck the problem again after loading up the latest version of software but have not got around to applying the fix yet.

bruceh

I'll give that a try and report back. The only problem is that the problem is so intermittent, I may not ever know if it fixed it!

cbretana

Is your knob panel installed somewhere where there might be EM energy? I had a similar intermittent problem with my A/P panel, that only appeared when the optional DB-25 automatic trim control cable was attached and operating. I suspected EM interference from some other component, and did a little test.. Watch the linked video to see something really weird...Autopilot panel failure

bruceh

Very strange. My issue happens just on power up. The Knob Panel is 99% of the time found and is online. I haven't found anything in my power on and startup process (master on, avionics on, autopilot on) that can reliably trigger it to go offline.

Stevec

Bruce that is exactly the problem I experience. I have just carried out the procedure I described in post #2 so hopefully it will not occur again, possibly until the next software update.