Jeppesen data for Australia

Jamie

This is what you need to do.

I called Jeppesen customer service in Canberra 02 6120 2999.
Select Nav data / Obstacle data or both ( $106 / $192 AUD per year )
You will be given a user name / password to download the files from the Jepp web site.
They update the files each month.
All this can be done over the phone with credit card.

I will be doing this in about 2 months when my plane should be ready for first flight.
 :)

jakej

Re: Jeppesen data fo Australia

Jamie

In the past, & probably the same now, there was no requirement to notify anyone re obstacles built under 300' approx (I think) so purchasing an obstacle database for here in OZ is probably a waste of money - maybe you have found out more about this ? :)

Jake J

Jamie

Yes, I agree. Im not going to get Obstacle data myself.
Im just posting all the info I have found, so as to maybe help others.
Thanks for your input Jake, I wasnt 100% if I should get it or not. Now I am.

BBGLASAIR

Dear Dynon & other Australian Skyview users, I have already purchased Jeppesen Navdata/Obstacle database for Australia, but not installed yet. I have downloaded version 3.0 & installed it into my Glasair. Do I need to install the 30hour trial Dynon database first & then Jepp or doesn't it matter? My intentions are to try the 30hour trial with Jeppesen data as well. How do I access the 30hour trial?  Thks....BB

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member

The 30 flight hour free trial is used automatically whenever you use the map if you haven't purchased the license. So all you need to do is load the Jeppesen data, and then when you use the map in flight, the counter will decrease as time goes by. So there is no "activation" per se. You will receive a warning that you are in the trial period whenever you use the MAP menu the first time you use it each time you start up your SkyView system. Remember that you can use it all you want on the ground.

BBGLASAIR

I installed the Jeppesen JSUM facility & then downloaded the two databases. I personally had a lot of trouble with the Jepp website & had to ask my son for help. He had trouble too, but got there in the end. It is not an intuitive site. BTW, it appears that Apple Mac is not suitable even though JSUM will download OK.  Into Skyview next.

mcr01passion

I installed the Jeppesen JSUM facility & then downloaded the two databases. I personally had a lot of trouble with the Jepp website & had to ask my son for help. He had trouble too, but got there in the end. It is not an intuitive site. BTW, it appears that Apple Mac is not suitable even though JSUM will download OK.  Into Skyview next.
I've got a Mac (personnal) and a PC (professionnal). JSUM works perfectly on PC but not on MAC.
When you know how to use it, JSUM is an quite easy way to update the data.

BBGLASAIR

Got it all installed in Skyview now and very pleased with it all. Still learning. The IFR waypoints tend to clutter a bit. All good.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member

You can turn off the IFR waypoints completely or at certain zoom levels in the setup menu if you wish.

flyingboy

I brought the $192 package.. might have been a bit hastie oh well still trying to get the proxy configured so i can download from Jep. very confusing and not MAC compatible. Looking forward to seeing it all in action though.. cheers Hugh

knowlesbg

HAVE INSTALLED AND EVENTUALLY REGISTERED AND LICENCED SV-MAP-270.
WENT FOR FIRST X/C FLIGHT AND CAME TO THE CONCLUSION DYNON HAVE A LITTLE WAY TO GO TO SATISFY US AVIATORS DOWN IN AUSTRALIA WITH THE NAVDATA UTILISATION.
I THINK MY AVMAP WILL REMAIN A FEATURE ON THE PANEL FOR SOME TIME YET
HOWEVER I LIKE WHAT DYNON HAS DONE SO FAR IN THIS VERY AFFORDABLE PRODUCT PROGRESSION AND LOOK FORWARD TO THE NEXT UPGRAGE :)

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
All of the map setup is under SETUP MENU > MAP SETUP. You can set the max zoom levels that various types of data are displayed there.

flyingboy

I had a huge issue trying to get to the data and down load the file. Jep Tech support did a good job and I finally loaded it with another file update they sent me. it kept looking for what appeared to be the incorrect or different file. All I need to do now is update my panels.. Brian we better catch up so I can get some help from you.

Cheers

Hugh