King avionics compatablity

ggrun5673

Would I have any ability to integrate a KX 155 with glideslope or a KMD 150 gps with the current Skyview system or its future add on autopilot/ flight director?

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
No. We've found the output of the Bendix stuff to be difficult to work with and do no plan any support for it in the future.

visioninaction

I have an Aviator Ace (Bendix King) linked to the Skyview. The synthetic vision worked prior to the Skyview software upgrade recently but now does not work. I have tried every combination to link the two units with no luck.

Are you saying above that the Aviator Ace will not work with the Skyview?

If it does can you please give advice on how I can get the GPS data from the ACE to the Skyview. I have followed all recommendations in the manual NMEA/Aviation GPS1 Baud 4800 etc

myrk

No. We've found the output of the Bendix stuff to be difficult to work with and do no plan any support for it in the future.
Do you mean just older Bendix/King avionics, or their newer stuff too?  I'm thinking specifically of the KSN 770, which is a better GPS/NAV/COM/MFD, in many respects, than is a Garmin 430 or 530.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Yeah, their older radios are the ones that have the funky analog outputs. The newer stuff is much more likely to work on the GPS side if they have NMEA outputs, and on the radio side via ARINC 429. I can't say we've tested any of them, but we've heard positive reports about the AV8OR portable.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
visioninaction - give us a call at 425-402-0433. We can have you look at some debug NMEA info on SkyView, but you'll need some assistance to see it.