KX155 COMM/NAV W/ GS

bryannortje

Can anyone advise if this is compatible with the HDX to use as a NAV radio. I realise that the radio part cannot be accessed from the HDX (remote use)

Thanks
Bryan

XPRSAV8R

I had a KX155 connected to a SkyView Classic before upgrading to HDX and removing the NAV radio. I can confirm it worked fine for navigation and approaches. I can’t recall the wiring but I imagine it still went through the ARINC module.

kellym

I love flying!
I had a KX155 connected to a SkyView Classic before upgrading to HDX and removing the NAV radio. I can confirm it worked fine for navigation and approaches. I can’t recall the wiring but I imagine it still went through the ARINC module.
More likely it was RS232. ARINC is pretty much for certified GPS units. The Apollo/Garmin SL30 is entirely RS232.

RVDan

I love flying!
The KX155 doesn’t have either ARINC 429 or serial port, only analog outputs to drive the OBS and CDI. I’m curious how it could have worked since Skyview doesn’t have an analog inputs for Nav.

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
To confirm, we wouldn't expect to be compatible with the KX155, as it only has the analog resolver interface, and no compatible ARINC or RS232 outputs.