Larger screen

• Thread starter Mickey Coggins(Guest)
  • Start date

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Dave,
The actual size has been posted on our website for a while now, but it is admittedly hard to find:

http://www.dynonavionics.com/downloads/EFIS-D100-Outline.pdf

We may be able to get you a CAD file, but that would have to wait until next week as our mechanical engineer is at Oshkosh this week.

D

Don J.(Guest)

Don,
 There is nothing "wrong" with the D10A. The D100 is basically a D10A with a larger screen. We haven't done any upgrades to the sensors or algorithms inside the unit. We are continuing to sell the D10A and expect that many customers will still go with the smaller screen.

We think the 30 day money back guarantee is extremely fair and as good or better than almost any policy you will find from any company. No company can afford to have their customers carry their inventory for 8 months and decide to return it. It costs us money to deal with returns, and in most cases we can't resell the returned product as new. If we had a longer return timeframe we would have to pass these costs on to all of our customers.

We always suggest that our customers not buy modern, computerized avionics from any vendor until they are ready to install them. Technology in this field is always changing fast, and new products come out all the time.

Sorry about the previous post, I understand the business decision.

Will the wiring harness that I have for the D10A and the OAT probe work on the D100 or should I sell them with the D10A? Will the folks at Panel Planner have the dimensions soon?

I will probably be ordering the D100 shortly. I am ready to plan and cut the panel.

Thanks,
Don J.

T

Tim(Guest)

Do you have any installation documentation available for the D100- online? Would be usefull to have the exact dimensions and location of brackets and connectors - as with your D10 documentation.
Need to replan my panel layout for the D100 insted of D10 !!

Thanks, Tim (Vans RV7)

T

Tim(Guest)

Ignore my above post - I just discovered:
http://www.dynonavionics.com/downloads/EFIS-D100-Outline.pdf

Thats what I was looking for.

Regards, Tim.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Don,

The wiring harness and OAT probe from the D10A are exactly the same as the D100. You can keep your harness and OAT probe and use them on the D100. The D100 comes with an EDC (also the same as a D10A) so you should sell that with your D10A.