Level button cause climb then level off

Vincentsei

I love flying!
I upgraded to version 10 and when I hit the auto pilot level button the aircraft pitches up to 5 degrees nose high then bunts over to level flight. I am below my max level flight air speed when I hit the button. I have tried letting it level off, and the disengaged the autopilot and hit the level button again. It pitches up to 5 degrees then slowly bunts to leone off. I had my pitch bias at 5 degrees since I'm a tail dragged so I set it to zero but it still does the same thing. Any ideas what could be wrong?

Vince

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Vince,
Is your AHRS mounted level when you are in flight or when you are on the ground?

It's important that the AHRS be physically level when you are in flight. If it isn't, your G-meter will be off, and the AP uses the G-Meter.

Is this a new issue in 10.0, or has it always been there?

Is this an issue every time you engage the AP, or only in level mode?

Have you let the AP fly in straight and level flight for about 15 minutes? It does some adjustments, and it may not have had a chance if all you are doing is pressing LEVEL and then shutting it off.

Vincentsei

I love flying!
I have a tail dragger so the ADHRS is level to the plane. on the ground it is off by 5 degrees which is what I have the pitch bias set to so inflight the ADHRS is physically level. The other modes of the auto pilot seem to work. It will capture and hold an altitude fine frm a climb or descent. The g meter seems to read correctly. This only seems to be a level button issue and I never noticed it in 7.1 but never played with it that much till now since I am installing the autopilot control panel. I have let it establish level for a few minutes not a full 15 minutes and press level and it pitches 5 degrees nose up and then bunts over to then establish level. I have let if fly level for a minute or two. Hit the disengage button then press level and it repeats the 5 degree pitch up then bunts over to establish level.