Level Button Stuck

badia358

I recently installed the SkyView Autopilot Control Panel. Installation went well. It was discovered and code/FW loaded. I still have the Autopilot setting as Simplify and not Expert. The problem that I am having is that every once in a while I get a message that the Level Button is Stuck. In a couple of instances the Autopilot took control. Once during landing. So now I disable the Autopilot on takeoff and landing until I can figure out this issue.

I have had a Level button for many years and this never occurred. Before I start taking things apart, I just wanted to check and see if anyone has run into this issue.

Thank you...

GKC Aviation

It might be the cause of your problem.
You will get that message if SV sees that the external level button is stuck on during boot up.
The fact that it is sometimes activating the AP points to an intermittent grounding of the wire that goes from the external level button to pin 28 of the SV DB37 connector. (should be an orange with black stripe wire)
Personally, I would extract the pin out of the DB37, disconnecting the external level button and just using the one on the AP controller.

badia358

OK. Just strange that the button had been working for years and the problem started as soon as I added the AP controller. But easy enough to disconnect it at the DB37 connector.

Thank you...