"limited" EGT and CHT temperatures

High_Flyer

I love flying!
What do you mean by "have you checked that you have no inputs connected to any of the unused thermocouple inputs" ?

The only things connected to the 25 pin connector are the thermocouples (2 pins per sensor, 16 pins total), nothing else...

dlloyd

On the sensor setup page there is a minimum and maximum range in addition to the color ranges. Please post a picture of those pages.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
The min and max graphical range won't limit the digital range. That's not the issue.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
There are two thermocouple inputs on the D37 connector as well. So an accidental connection here could cause an issue with all thermocouples.

This is why checking with the D37 disconnected would be helpful.

High_Flyer

I love flying!
New EMS, problem solved

I got a new EMS today from Finesse Max.
I installed it and did the heat gun test and immediately the temps went above the values of the other EMS.
Then I did an engine run and all is fine.
Tomorrow I will do a flight to confirm that all works as expected.

This is a bit disapointing to see new avionics not working.
I already had similar problem with my VHF. Lucily it was replaced at no cost to me, but it as very frustrating.
Quality control seems to be a bit weak...

Anyway I hope everything will be OK tomorrow durin g the flight, and you will then be able to "close" this topic.

mr.sun

EGT Sensor

Can I bend the end of the Skyview EGT sensor? One of them interferes with a spark plug wire right near the plug. I would like to bend the last 3/4" where the wires exit. Maybe bend it 1/2" or so over to the side. No where close to a kink in the tube, though. Will I ruin the sensor?
Greg in RV7

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
So the way thermocouples are built: there's a junction of two wires/metals at the tip, and the wires go all the way up to that junction. if a wire or the junction breaks, it'll stop working. So there's risk in bending because you may affect the wiring or junction underneath. But if you don't kink it / bend it too far, you may well be just fine. We can't warrant a probe if it fails because of such a modification. So basically, it's a $36 risk, with a good it'll work.