Limited HS34 Documentation Available

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
As we get closer to releasing the HS34, we've got some documentation that we're ready to share.

First up is the HS34 Basic Operation Guide and Mounting Template. It can be found at our main documentation page under the HS34 heading. Be cautious about the actual measurements of the mounting template, as individual printers and print settings may affect the sizing on that. The card that will be included with the product will definitely have actual size dimensions.
http://dynonavionics.com/docs/support_documentation.html

Second is what can best be described as an experiment at this point. We've got a collaborative wiki set up which allows us to update and publish online documentation faster; and if all goes according to plan you can contribute as well. Currently, this wiki only really contains HS34 information. We'd obviously like to get our current user and install guides on there soon, as well. But, for now, it's a good place to get HS34 wiring details.
http://wiki.dynonavionics.com/HS34_Documentation

LarGriff

What is the purpose of the three little holes shown just below the mounting template?

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Each HS34 ships with a mounting tab which you will secure to your panel with those three holes. The HS34 then slides in the cutout and is screwed into the tab to secure it to the panel. Our new EFIS-based product Installation Guides will have an appendix which documents this procedure and the dimensions of the tab. Look for those guides to be online sometime next week.

Ken_Kopp

I'd be interested in the HS34 however I have a MX-170B driving a KI-214 VOR/LOC/GS indicator. Do you know if the HS34 will connect to the KI-214. The wiring diagram for the 214 shows ARINC out for + up deflection, Defl Load, + down deflection, +G.S. Flag, and Flag load. It also show an Autopilot coupler output for + right deflection and - left deflection. Current HS34 documentation only shows analog input capability but does not show a list of compatibale devices. Thanks!

Ken

mikey1ten

I have a kns-81 rnav, glideslope indicator and, an ekp-IV.  Can I use the HS34 to interface the kns81 and ekpIV to my d-100 efis so I can have 2 glideslope indicators (the king needle type and the d-100) as well as drive a tru-trak autopilot?  Thanks.  (you guys are doing a great job!).  Michael.