Looking for help

preid

What is the issue? wiring? actual cutting panel? configuration?
maybe we can get you info to make it manageable for you.

SouthernMage

sport pilot
I don't know where to start. I have the plane completed and engine and prop mounted.
On the work table I have a box full of SkyView components and the VP-X Sport electronic circuit breaker system.
My electrical knowledge is as follows. I have the battery in the battery box and I know the Pos and Neg terminals.

preid

Check out the installation manual from Dynon sections 1 and 2 shows the layout, use the dynon harness to connect everything together. with the VP-X you really shouldn't have much of a problem getting it all working.
Now with the EMS side of things you're going to need to review the rest of the install guide to determine what wires go where firewall forward. I have to say that Dynon did a great job with their instructions so give it a try, if you built the plane yourself you'll find this is easier than you think. the VP-X side, if it's anything like my VP-200 will be a little more complex with the none Dynon pieces.

Skee

Up Up and Away!
I don't know where to start. I have the plane completed and engine and prop mounted.
On the work table I have a box full of SkyView components and the VP-X Sport electronic circuit breaker system.
My electrical knowledge is as follows. I have the battery in the battery box and I know the Pos and Neg terminals.

I would do the installations for you 4 free, and learn you how it works chapter by chapter together, building electronic stuff is fun =)

But i live in Sweden, so i'm a bit far away.  :-/

southtarnation

I love flying! Wiring, ...not so much.
The vpx planner software online is a huge help. It will halp guide you through setting up some of the wiring. Once you have added all of your electrical devices you then can decide which will be switched and whick can be on all the time with the master. When the planner is conplete you mount the vpx and star running and routing wires. Power for all the electrical devices come from mostly 1 harness on the vpx all the switch wires come from mostly another harness on the vpx. Once you get all of that you can add the dynon and modules. Most if which just plug into eachother with the exception of the engine sensors and a few other connectons from the dynon.

Im a self proclaimed moron when it comes/came to this but i made it with on,y a little trouble of my own doing. Work through it and if uou get to a sticking point, stop and post your more specific question on the forum for help. Feel free to call me at 239 nine one zero 19 sixteen. My name is Jesseand i am installing the vpx sport and dynon sv in my rv4.

SouthernMage

sport pilot
Thanks.
So if I lay everything out on the work table, I can get it in my head how it all goes together. Then, after I get it figured out, I can transfer that to the plane.

Skee

Up Up and Away!
Thanks.
So if I lay everything out on the work table, I can get it in my head how it all goes together. Then, after I get it figured out, I can transfer that to the plane.

Use the http://planner.verticalpower.com/ and start out there, then read your manual real well, and then you read it again.

The easy part is the power wires, but i would say when it comes to the data wires it becomes a bit complex.

You then need to read the manual again to get the cables from pin to pin,  and dont be cheap with wire, you don't want to end up with short wires, dont forget to mark every wire and note what it does, and try to keep it tidy in there.

Pilots8000

I am in Huntsville, have a full up Skyview in my RV-7.  What kind of aircraft are you building?  I can provide some assistance.  Send me a private message if you are interested.

Attachments

• IMG_8824.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 124

airguy

Contact your local EAA (Experimental Aircraft Association) chapter and join up with them - you'll almost certainly find several folks there who can show you the way.