LOP indication in data download?

Scott

I'm trying to tune my injectors and downloading the EMS data to see how things went.

Is there an indication in one of the data logging columns when each cylinder goes LOP? THE EMS obviously knows this as it displays the degrees LOP in parens when in LOP mode.

I've looked but can't find it.

Scott

Scott

Thats really too bad :-/ and a glaring omission.

Adding a * to the temp number or wrapping the egt temp in ()'s is all that is needed....
Scott

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
If you are just looking for degrees LOP for each cylinder, that is a very easy thing to do in Excel or any external program.

PhantomPholly

Thats really too bad  :-/ and a glaring omission.

Adding a * to the temp number or wrapping the egt temp in ()'s is all that is needed....
Scott

Not really necessary.

All the info you need is there. RPM, FF, MP, OAT. If the sensors are installed and correctly calibrated, you can determine LOP yourself. You could even go so far as to load the power tables in another tab, then use the VLOOKUP function to tell you how much ROP / LOP you were running.

Too, if you actually leaned during flight you should see that activity as rising, then falling EGTs while FF slowly declines.

Scott

Sure you can find it. Its in the data. Buts its a major PITA to do it!

EGT's are going up and down with every throttle or altitude change.

With thousands of rows of data. its close to useless for examining LOP data. Not completely but close. I can't remember how many hours of data is stored before looping buts its a bunch.

If there were a simple indication like a * or - or some symbol to indicate the EMS was displaying LOP for that particular cylinder, it would be cake to find and a real help!

Its a stupid thing to leave out, and I don't expect it to be added as the D100 series instruments are probably on the short list to be orphaned soon in favor of their much more expensive(profitable) skyview cousins.

Scott