Loss of Fuel Pressure

bgreath

I have recently installed a D180 into Jabiru J400 with Jabiru 3300 engine. My problem is with the fuel pressure readout. When the engine is started (or fuel pump switched on) the fuel pressure reads in the region of 2-3 psi. As the engine heats up the fuel pressure reading decreases to near zero and doesn't recover until the engine is shutdown and the engine compartment cools down. I am using the Dynon supplied fuel pressure sensor mounted downstream of both the electrical and engine fuel pumps (i.e. immediately before the carburetor). The sensor supplied by Dynon for the Jabiru installation is rated 0-30 psi but as the Jabiru fuel pressure only runs in the 1.5 - 3 psi range it's trying to work in the bottom 10% of its range. Not good!

Can anyone help on this one please?

Thomas_Schaad

I had the same problem on my 912S. So I opend the very small hole to the probe with a drill, making it as big as possible. Just carefull, that you will not drill in the probe itselfs! It worked out perfectly and since then no worries ;)

Kind regards

Thomas

bgreath

Thomas, thank you very much for that suggestion. I will be trying it out in the next few days .............. Brian