Lost roll servo

ollie

I just installed the roll and pitch servos in my Rans S7S and the results are good and not so good. We flew an hour each way to breakfast this morning and the altitude hold worked fine, but the roll would only stay connected for a couple of minutes and would show ERR and then orange line wold show THIS: roll servo lost. It would clear up in a few minutes, but when selected would loose again.
 Thanks for any help,
   Ollie

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Check the connections as David mentions, and ensure you used twisted pair for the DSAB lines. Beyond that, give us a call at 425-402-0433 if you don't find anything. Does it do it on the ground too if you turn on the AP and let it do its thing for a few minutes? Or is it only in flight?

ollie

Setting still in the hanger it works perfect, but when I start up and taxi it will sometimes loose the servo or DASB.
Ollie

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
That would generically point to some kind of vibration-based issue, so the recommendation to check connections stands. An outside possibility is electrical interference. Do the DSAB wires run with wires from other electrical products?

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
I'd start with simply seeing if you can reproduce the problem by shaking / moving the wires while on the ground with the engine off.

ollie

HOORAY, today I got in a flight of about 25 minuites and the autopilot worked near perfect, it never fell off line or got any warnings and flew the Rans S7S guite well in light turbulance.
I readjusted the EDC-D10A and moved a couple of wires and one of which so far has taken care of the problem. I'm not going to touch anything to find out which.
I have the senstivity set at 20 for both and that seemed to work in the light turbulance.
Thanks for the help.

Ollie