Magnetic North Compass, HSI and GPS !!!

wrb1307

Hello,

I would like some help to synchronize the HSI compass with GPS compass, both of my Skyview V. 7.0. I did the process to calibrate the compass, and on the ground seems to be all right, but when I'm flying a difference of about 10 degrees between the HSI and the GPS that is informed by my Skyview. What can I do to fix this? Thanks, Wolney Rocha ...

Charlrv9

I was updating latest data and would only go to 99% I turned skyview off and would not reboot screen stay black
Dynon please help
Charles Mifsud

skysailor

Hello,

I would like some help to synchronize the HSI compass with GPS compass, both of my Skyview V. 7.0. I did the process to calibrate the compass, and on the ground seems to be all right, but when I'm flying a difference of about 10 degrees between the HSI and the GPS that is informed by my Skyview. What can I do to fix this? Thanks, Wolney Rocha ...

Do the compass and GPS match up when you taxi in a straight line on the ground? If so, the difference when flying may be crosswind since a GPS displays ground track, not heading.

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
Charles - please get in touch with our technical support staff at 425-402-0433 or at support at dynonavionics.com.

Wolney - You'd expect GPS and magnetic heading to not match whenever there is a cross-wind component to your current winds aloft. However, if it's ALWAYS off (ie, you can't align with the wind), then your magnetic heading calibration might not be ideal. This can be the result of a non-deal geographic calibration location that has some ground-based magnetic effects that are affecting the ADAHRS/magnetometer, or ADHARS placement near ferrous metal or power within the aircraft. Also, how did you align your aircraft on the ground during calibration?

vcordero

I love flying!
Runway extension lines request

Dynon,

I don't know if this was a prior request..But, any chance of "Runway extension lines" as in other flight programs.
Thx,
VC at SFB

Charlrv9

Will Skyview follow the Garmin flight plan

I have just fitted Dynon comm and audio panel great products.
I also connect my garmin 296 to Skyview it comes up as GPS 1 it has track and distance but will it follow a flight plan from the 296 Garmin ?
Cheers
Charlie

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Yep. Just make sure you set your HSI to GPS1 and then the AP will follow any flight plan in the 296.