Main Power

mashura

What happened to pin #1 on the new version G of Skyview harness?  I have an older harness using #1 and #20 for power.  My power is coming from the main buss via a single 20 AWG wire.  Should I insert this into pin #20 on my older harness?

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
I am not aware that we changed anything about the SkyView harness anytime recently, and I would be amazed that we were on our 7th revision of the harness. Let me look into this tomorrow. We do still expect that you put power on pin 1 and 20 at the same time.

mashura

I'm sorry, I meant revision G of the installation guide, where it shows the harness wiring pin outs.

thibault

Shame on who ever formatted the installation guide.

Table 53 is split across pages 16-5 and 16-6. Pin 1 is at the bottom of 16-5. The rest is on 16-6.

While we are fussing about the guide, look at Figure 45 on page 8-3. The labels on the D1000 GPS signals should have the RX and TX reversed. Then it would say the GPS 250 TX connects to the D1000 RX and the GPS 250 RX connects to the D1000 TX. It would then agree with Table 37 just above.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Mike,
Can you tell me what page you are looking at? I'm on page 16-5 and 16-6, and it shows power in on pins 1 and 20.

Tom,
Thanks for noticing the two manual errors, we'll get those fixed right away. Sometimes things do get a bit mis-formatted when we update manuals for new software. At least our manuals aren't multiple software versions behind!

thibault

You are correct that the manuals are "up to date" with the S/W versions. Generally, they are the best I have seen.

Intent was for some humor, but that is usually not a good idea in writing, unless one is a much better writer than I.