Map flight plan missing

RV711AC

Flying yesterday I had the HSI and selected to Skyview and put in a direct to destination. The HSI responded normally, the map failed to display the course line. Switching to the 430 as the source the course line shows up. I then selected different destinations on both the Skyview and 430. Switching between the 430 and Skyview changed the HSI as expected but the direct to course on the map was that of the 430 and did not change. I then powered off the 430 and the course was still displayed.
I have V 10.0 installed and it seemed to work properly on a previous flight. The only change was time as the map database expired and I got tired of waiting for the download so I flew without updating.
Any ideas? Could this be a 10.0 bug? I will load 10.1 and an updated database for the next flight.
Ralph

jlakins

Look in the Flight Plan Menu when in map mode and you will find find a selection for FPL SHOWN ON MAP.
The selection is at the bottom of the list just above EXIT.
If you selected the 430 in the past then it will stay there until you switch it back to skyview.
Pilots Manual Page 7-50.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Yep, what Jimmie said. You have your FPL SHOWN ON MAP set to your 430. This is totally independent of the HSI setting.

RV711AC

Jimmie,
Thank you. I will look again, I had a safety pilot while I went looking through the menus and didn't find it. Good to know it is a feature not a bug.
Is there an explanation for the persistence once the 430 was turned off? I'll go back and read the manual again and see what I find.
V10 came out about a week after I added a switch to the panel to select the TruTrak source from 430 to Dynon. The TruTrak ADI II was the backup to the Blue Mountain pre Skyview. Skyview rocks.

Thanks again.