Map Update?

jnmeade

The Dynon website says the Base map is 2013-06-20 but my installed version says 2014-09-04. Do I just be happy and shut up, or do I wonder why my version appears to be more current than the web site?
My Stadium TFR db is 2014-09-04. How do I tell if that is current?
Do I assume my Hi-Res database is current? My system is a couple of years old (but just now getting installed).

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
Sorry - missed this.

So on the basemap - although they're dated differently, they're the same. Now why you have a newer dated version, not entirely sure. A few questions: When did you get your unit? Did it ever come back to us for repair? Have you done any software updates on it? This is more for us to solve the internal mystery of why you're seeing a later date than it is for anything you care about.

The FAA stopped broadcasting stadium TFRs over ADS-B back then - the version you have is a "capture" of the state of that data right before they discontinued the service.

Hi-res hasn't changed in a long time, so yes, would be current.

HFMan

I didn't realize stadium TFRs were no longer sent over ADS-B. Are most other TFRs still sent on ADSB?

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
I'm not in front of a display, but two ways: One - they're a discrete layer on the map items menu that you can turn off (I think), but also, I think it will show up under the Installed Databases page in setup. If that's right, you can remove it from there too.

swatson999

Or, from an old Dynon Support post back in 2013:

If you export your settings, you'll see a section called map_bling. The colors and other properties of the airspace lines are defined in there. Though the settings aren't documented, the basics aren't terribly hard to figure out. The colors are all standard hex pairs (see http://www.hexcolortool.com/ for examples), but appended to the end is a last pair that describes how transparent the color is. Put another way, from an old internal email:

"color0" and "color1" are hex numbers representing RGBA [A meaning Alpha, or transparency]. FFFFFFFF
would be 255, 255, 255, 255 or 1.0, 1.0, 1.0, 1.0 - opaque white.
0000007F would be 0, 0, 0, 127 or 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, ~0.5 - 50%
transparent black.

I see two structures for stadium TFRs (the first spelled incorrectly, btw, but this file is a few years old), and there are *four* colors, not just two, so maybe Dynon can weigh in here, or you could play around with them and see what happens:

Code:
tfr_statium_active={
        color0=FF5A01FF
        color1=FF5A014D
        color2=FF5A01FF
        color3=FFFFFFFF
        width0=2
        width1=4
        width2=6
        cycle=0
        fraction=0
        outline=1