MDA Bug selection

Bud_Keil

I have been practicing RNAV approaches in my RV-4 with a HDX800 and GPS175. My Minimum Decent Altitude bug will not stay active after shutdown. Each time I power up to shoot an RNAV approach, I have to go into the bug menu and reactivate the MIN bug. It is always 'selected' (meaning it is already green) but is not displayed on my PDF. I select the MIN bug to get it to display.

I understand the benefit of not retaining the last MDA value but I would prefer not to always go in the bugs menu and reactivate for each flight. Is there a default I can change to have it always displayed?

Marc_J._Zeitlin

I have been practicing RNAV approaches in my RV-4 with a HDX800 and GPS175. My Minimum Decent Altitude bug will not stay active after shutdown. Each time I power up to shoot an RNAV approach, I have to go into the bug menu and reactivate the MIN bug. It is always 'selected' (meaning it is already green) but is not displayed on my PDF. I select the MIN bug to get it to display.

I understand the benefit of not retaining the last MDA value but I would prefer not to always go in the bugs menu and reactivate for each flight. Is there a default I can change to have it always displayed?
I have exactly the same behavior, and it's just as annoying for me as it is for you :). Says it's on in the menu, but isn't until you go to the menu and then come back out of the menu.

Bud_Keil

Went flying yesterday and noticed that, once again, my MDA was not shown on my altitude tape. My right knob, however, had MIN available to select. When selected, MDA was now shown on the tape. I didn't have to go into the bug menu and select MIN. Guess I can live with that.