Mounting ADAHRS

Flybyjim

What type machine screws/bolts did you use that were not magnetic when mounting the ADAHRS unit? Mine will be mounted in the wing of an Rans S7S. There is to be nothing magnetic near this unit but the sub-D connector housing is magnetic? So if the connector housing is magnetic do I need to be concerned about the mounting hardware?
Thanks folks.

maartenversteeg

I love flying!
I used the nylon screws for the ADHRS. I went with non-magenetic crews as the screws are more massive then the connector backshells, other option woudl be to use copper screws if you are concerned

swatson999

Just curious...did you read the installation manual and decide to ignore it?

Stainless steel mounting hardware is not always non-magnetic, and thus is not recommended. The best type of mounting hardware (screws, bolts, washers, AND nuts) to install the SV-ADAHRS-200/201 (if SV-MAG-236 is not installed) is brass. If SV-MAG-236 is installed, then type of mounting hardware used for the SV-ADAHRS-200/201 is not critical.
If you use a magnet to test whether possible interfering materials are non-magnetic, do not actually touch the magnet to the material you are testing, as this contact can cause the material you are testing to become magnetized.