Mounting display at angle to panel?

rgcrothers

I love flying!
When I add a new 7" screen to the copilot side of my RV7A, I would like to incorporate the option of angling it toward me for better viewing but maintain the option of putting it back flat against the panel when passengers are in the plane with me.

Does this kind of mounting present any problems with the Skyview system?

I did searches on this but did not come up with any examples. Has anyone else done this? Could I get some pointers if so on how the mounting was done, perhaps a photo?

I was thinking of using a frame to mount the display and then add a piano type hinge to one side with some form of stabilizing mechanism to set the angle and hold it in position properly.

Pros or Cons appreciated.

I am partly motivated to do this due to reports of the smaller screen not being quite as readable as the 10" screen. My panel cannot accept a second 10" screen so I want to make it as readable as possible over on the right side of the panel.

Thanks for any advice or ideas.

Randall Crothers
RV7A with Subaru power.
Love the engine monitor flexibility
I did get hit by the revised display service bulletin..

jakej

Randall
Mounting the SV at an angle like that works just fine - mounts can be done in all sorts of manner, you just need to work a design that suits you.

Jake J

skydancer

RV-7 O-360 CS Prop. Dual Skyviews/AHRS. TruTrak AP
Randall,

Be sure to share your design with us, I too have a 7" on the co-pilot side in my RV-7.

Yesterday I flew with only the 7" display on the panel, 10" was out for factory repair. An angle on the 7" would definitely help.