Mounting SV-XPNDR-261

lynnb

I love building!
Just wanted to confirm it was ok to mount the XPNDR upside down. I want to mount it under the A/C tray in the back of the RV-10, here is a picture for reference:

Thanks,
Lynn

BobD

I love flying!
I have mine mounted upside down under the inspection hatch in my Europa baggage bay behind the seats, and it works fine.

lynnb

I love building!
Thanks, I might put a zip tie around it just as a belt and suspenders type instal.

I have mine mounted upside down under the inspection hatch in my Europa baggage bay behind the seats, and it works fine.

bbtapb

The manual suggests it’s a good idea to create ground loops.
Is the SV transponder not quite connected to the ground pin? I installed mine without a separate tray ground because i tested case continuity to ground via the pin.

Rhino

The manual suggests it’s a good idea to create ground loops.
Is the SV transponder not quite connected to the ground pin? I installed mine without a separate tray ground because i tested case continuity to ground via the pin.
Not true, and that is not in the manual. I suspect there's a different interpretation of terminology at play here. You should avoid ground loops, not create them. Ground (pin 12 on the 261) should be connected to the same common ground you used for your other avionics, usually the audio panel or intercom.