Multiple failed start ups

ebke-zenith

I love flying!
Dear Dynon,
I have Skyview 1000 with latest updates installed. Skyview has started on one attempt in the past.
I am only preparing for test flight, so all experience has been in hanger or on ground.
Today on power up, things proceeded normally till Engine/Map/Flight screen disappeared after only being on screen appx. 10 seconds. The screen turned into blue or red screens, then dark blank screen. The script began appearing on left again and on to SV screen with the verbal announce of Dynon SV. The process repeated 4 or 5 times till Skyview finally successfully booted up.
I turned power off to see if powering up a second time would be successful, but same result.
I have a video from my sons phone, but could not figure out how to send.
During each startup attempt, in the upper right corner, SV showed NO DB and in the bottom of the Dynon radio, it said NO SV.
On final successful start up, NO DB disappeared from SV and the correct airport ID showed in bottom of radio.
SV worked several times in the hanger previous with no problem.
Any help to return to simple first time start up?

WA85

I love flying!
Have you tried taking the acft outside and letting the GPS get a good position lock? I had similar issues on my first few boot ups and then learned that I needed have the a good GPS position lock before things worked normally.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Have you checked your SkyView display against Service Bulletin 030413?

Does your SkyView display have an SV-BAT-320 backup battery installed?

The "NO SV and NO DB" on the SV-COM-C25 panel unit is to be expected when it's powered on, but the SkyView display(s) isn't yet up and running as it gets its database info from the SkyView display. NO SV means it cannot communicate with SkyView, and NO DB means that it's communicating with SkyView, but SkyView doesn't (yet) have the database available for sharing with the SV-COM-C25.

Dear Dynon,
I have Skyview 1000 with latest updates installed. Skyview has started on one attempt in the past.
I am only preparing for test flight, so all experience has been in hanger or on ground.
Today on power up, things proceeded normally till Engine/Map/Flight screen disappeared after only being on screen appx. 10 seconds. The screen turned into blue or red screens, then dark blank screen. The script began appearing on left again and on to SV screen with the verbal announce of Dynon SV. The process repeated 4 or 5 times till Skyview finally successfully booted up.
I turned power off to see if powering up a second time would be successful, but same result.
I have a video from my sons phone, but could not figure out how to send.
During each startup attempt, in the upper right corner, SV showed NO DB and in the bottom of the Dynon radio, it said NO SV.
On final successful start up, NO DB disappeared from SV and the correct airport ID showed in bottom of radio.
SV worked several times in the hanger previous with no problem.
Any help to return to simple first time start up?

kurtfly

I love flying!
I too have had a failed start-up on my SV 1000T. I had just loaded the new map databases and exited the setup menu. The system appeared to be normal then the screen filled with a rainbow of colors and rebooted itself. Could not repeat the problem with a restart.
I am running 12.2 on a 1000T w/ backup battery. I was also inside the hanger (no/poor GPS coverage). All other avionics were powered off.
Any ideas???