Murphy Moose/Super Rebel autopilot install

scarlson

I recently purchased a flying Murphy Moose/Super Rebel and would like to retrofit a Dynon autopilot. Does anyone have information as to what type of roll servo to install and where to mount it? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
We know of one or two moosen that have our AP installed - one owned by a Dynon-folk. It's big enough that SV52 servos were used. I'll check into the where.

scarlson

Thanks, I'll wait for your reply. Tech support at Dynon had initially recommended the SV 42 servos, so that's what I ordered. Is the 52 servo more appropriate?

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
The 52s are definitely going to be the way to go here. So, doing more research, the aircraft we know of first hand has a preliminary install, but hasn't really flown yet (it's getting other work done before it flies more). Even the SV52 may be a bit iffy in the moose - it's on the edge of what the SV52 may be able to handle.

ronE

Has the Moose flown yet with the SV52 servos? I have a friend who has a Yukon with the SV1000 and wants to install the AP. Do you have any info on this install that may help?