Nav Course line defaulting to 430W

hmanvel

I have flown for a few years with the Skyview showing the route set up in my 430w, and it has been great. But since installing the wifi adaptor and playing around with Foreflight uploads etc, I have become confused about the knobology, with 2 puzzling issues. 1) how to get the foreflight route to show on the map screen, and how to get it to not follow the 430. 2) I have an issue with the 430 right now, so on the last flight was navigating with the Skyview only. I found the selection to show the Skyview route on the screen. Minutes later the 430 came to life, and the skyview route setup automatically changed back to the Garmin. I'm probably missing something but this doesn't seem right.

skysailor

Think of it as two items. One is choosing the map source and second is choosing the autopilot source. Go to the flight plan. At the bottom it will allow you to choose which source is displayed on the map. You will still see tabs for both the 430 and the Skyview (could be completely different flight plans). Make sure you also set HSI Source> Skyview in the PFD. The autopilot follows the HSI regardless what is displayed on the map.