Nav Source Dropouts - EMS D120 Aux Serial Input?

Foxflier

After flying the weekend before last with the V6.1 696 update I found my AP returned to the random lost NAV source every half hr or so. I have a D100 and D120 and I use the EMS Aux Serial receive line as the serial input to the system as opposed to the EFIS serial input (per Dynon instructions).

Has Dynon looked at the potential for the NAV dropout issue if the NMEA is being received by the EMS serial input? Does it make any difference to the system if the serial is being received by the D120 pin 19 or the D100 pin 22?

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
It doesn't make a difference, as far as we know, but we'd need some more field reports to be more sure of that.

Any of you experiencing the issue: What Garmin product, and what serial port is the GPS connected to?

Foxflier

It doesn't make a difference, as far as we know, but we'd need some more field reports to be more sure of that.

Any of you experiencing the issue: What Garmin product, and what serial port is the GPS connected to?

I'm trying to cover all the bases in trying to troubleshoot and finally get this resolved. It seems like even a couple of seconds of NMEA delay shouldn't cause the AP to drop out. I would think that the fail over to track mode should take at least several seconds interrupt but then I have no knowledge of the Dynon code limits. I'm still planning to capture some NMEA to send in for review.